ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
ABOUT THE ROLE
To ensure the direct care needs of residents are met, through overseeing and evaluating care plans and individualized nursing needs of the residents.
Nurse must be ready to cope with emotional, physical, and mental challenges in caring for the elderly. Compassion and sensitivity to the needs of the patient is a must. They are often physically frail, and several of them experience confusion or disorientation. You must be caring and supportive, as well as respectful when dealing with your patient. A nurse should have at least 1-2 years of nursing experience with exposure to an aged care setting.
Responsible for the health and wellbeing of Season Two Senior Living population, who are no longer capable of caring for themselves. It is a demanding but challenging job, that involves a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities. With the growing population, the demand for nurses is on the rise, making it a secure career choice for the aspiring nurse.
Responsibilities and Duties
• To perform all nursing duty in their respective areas.
• To do skill nursing services on home basis.
• Supervision of the task performed by the heath care Assistant.
• Report to the manager about the activity on daily basis.
• To attend any emergency as when it arises
• Always Acting to protect the rights of residents, including confidentiality, privacy, individual choice, and decision making
• Provision of consistently high-quality care to residents
• Supporting the independence of residents by providing appropriate assistance with personal care in accordance with care plans
• Providing emotional support to residents Being responsive to the needs of residents
• Ensuring maintenance of clean linen, making of beds, changing of linen for residents
• Assist with the serving of meals, assisting residents as required
• Documentation of vital signs, medication intake, patient assessment, etc.
• Assisting in admission and help ease the transition for patients and their families
• Liaise with patients, family, medical team, and other residences in the facility.
• Delivery of medication to residents following policy and procedure
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Diploma In Nursing, bachelor’s in nursing or Post Graduation in Nursing
• Critical thinking and problem-solving.
• Compassion and empathy.
• Excellent documentation skills.
• Communication skills.
• Emotional resilience.